Are you interested in social issues but aren’t sure…
- that you know your mind on the tough topics?
- how your ideas fit together with diverse ones of other citizens?
- how to become educated, enlightened, and engaged?
Social issues can be puzzling, but we are looking for solutions.
C&S VISION: Every member challenged and equipped to grow more disciples for Jesus Christ by taking risks and changing lives.
C&S BASIS: The outreach ministries of the congregation shall give attention to but not be limited to local and larger community ministries of compassion, justice, and advocacy. These ministries include church and society, global ministries, higher education and campus ministry, health and welfare, Christian unity and inter-religious concerns, religion and race, and the status and role of women.
(United Methodist Church Discipline, 252.2).
To engage church members in discussion of public policy subjects.
To develop an outreach ministries teaching c enter for our connectional system, ecumenical and interfaith groups and coalitions
Trinity's regular Church and Society meetings are held at 7:00 p.m. in the Conference Room
What can I do?
- Keep abreast of current events.
- Contact your legislators about issues that are important to you.
- Schedule an educational session for your small group by contacting John Nelson, 883-5319.
- Serve on the Church & Society team or Interfaith Mission service
- Visit UMC.org, Our Faith, Church & Society
Point of contact: Chuck Vedane 883-4217, Church & Society chairman for both Trinity and the North Alabama Conference.